Monday, August 22, 2011

My Hero!!!

     I know a lot of girls say this, but I'll say it again, I HAVE THE BEST BIG BROTHER EVER!!! I seriously can't express how much I look up to and admire my brother Mike. Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to be just like Mike! I would do everything I could to tag along with him and friends, and it worked for a while! I just remember thinking that everything he did was the coolest thing ever, and I wanted to do it too.
    
     He started taking piano lessons, then I did. He was really into soccer, and then I was. He started playing another instrument other than the piano, so I tried a few different ones. Skiing was our favorite for awhile, until he switched to snowboarding. It only took me one ski season to decided to make the switch. There are plenty more, but you get the point!

     Every time I tried something that he was in to, he wouldn't just brush it off and think "there she goes copying me again!". Not at all. In fact, he was always very helpful and supportive! I remember playing soccer numerous times in the front yard, trying to pick up on all his moves.  When I sucked at pretty much everything, he simply told me what would make it easier!

     He was as patient as he could be when he took me snowboarding, and explained everything in the greatest detail possible.


     He bought me my first pair of climbing shoes, and took me to the climbing gym with him all the time. He also took me climbing outside and would talk me through every climb, teaching me technique as I went.


     He took me on my first big mountain bike ride, and never once got frustrated if I fell behind.


     He taught me how to wakeboard, and didn't have a problem driving the rope by me EVERY time I fell, which was often in the beginning!


     He took me on my first back packing trip, which was one of the best trips I've ever been on to this day!



     He took me fishing more times than I can remember, and was always there to help me with my line!


     Needless to say, I have found joy in many hobbies thanks to Mike!! I think he's also instilled a passion for adventure in me. I am always looking for fun and adventurous things to do thanks to him! He has taught me so much about life, I can't imagine where I would be without him, or what kind of person I'd be without his positive and adventurous influence in my life! Thanks Mike for being the best big brother a girl could ever ask for. You've provided me with a deep appreciation for the joys in life, and set such an extraordinary example for me all these years! Thanks for all of your love and support, you're truly the greatest! You are my hero Mike and I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!



    

1 comment:

  1. ah!! thats very sweet!
    It totally made Mike's day! you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete