Thursday, August 4, 2011

Action Packed Weekend!!!!

     A couple weekends ago one of my best friends Chase Wise came down to St. George to visit and see the shows. It was one of the greatest weekends I've had this summer! The day he got here, we were lucky enough to attend the tech/dress rehearsal of a company directed by Peter Chu, Chuthis. They were performing their show "Nothing Sticks", and it was absolutely amazing! I can't believe that I was lucky enough to witness such a beautiful thing. I couldn't believe the talent and the passion that was being displayed right before my eyes. Needless to say it was very inspiring!

     The next day we went to the lake with our good friends Troy, Erica, and Allen. It was super nice to just relax by the lake, paddle around in the cool water, and hang out with great people! Troy and Erica brought their dog Ivin, what an energetic puppy he is!

                                                                         Gunlock

     We had a more relaxed Saturday, and spent it going to all the little antique stores on the Boulevard! Chase helped me pick out a few really fun head wraps (they're all I've wearing since he left!), and he found a couple books that he used to love when he was little! The shop where we found everything was literally an old house, that was packed from floor to ceiling with everything imaginable. I'm convinced that if you spent enough time looking through every room and drawer, you could find pretty much anything you wanted!  Then we made some delicious cookies, and headed out for the show (this was the SECOND night that chase came to Grease!!).

     Sunday was a day full of hiking and climbing! We drove out to Red Cliffs in Leeds, and went on a nice little hike! We saw so many baby baby frogs, it was so fun! Chase is a great person to hike with, he will climb up, on, and around whatever is in his way! We had a great time climbing around or over the few water spots we found (usually I'm all for stomping around in the water, but this stuff was pretty yucky!). On our way out of the hike, we passed a big group who decided to ditch their shoes for the remainder of their hike....well, we decided that we would leave them nice and organized for them. Also, we drove past Quail Lake on the way home, and it was so hot that we decided to pull over and jump right into the lake for a little cool down swim!! I love that Chase is so willing to participate in my spurts of spontaneity!

                                                                     Good Deed!
                                                                             Quail Lake



     After we got home home and cleaned up, we headed over to my friend Megan's house for some desert with friends and playtime with the baby! Then, we went night climbing! We went with Nate, Mal, Megahn, and Brian. It was Chase's first time, and he totally killed it! He climbed up those walls like a ninja in the night! I hadn't been night climbing for years, I forgot how chill and relaxed it is!! It was nice to be out at night when it wasn't as hot, and we were hearing the fireworks all around (it was the 24th of July)! I was belaying Nate on a lead, and at the very top (just reaching for the chains), he fell! It I hadn't caught a lead fall in quite some time, it was fun! He certainly brought me off the ground, and luckily my feet hit the wall nice and square instead of my face! It was a great end to a fabulous day!



                                                                     First Climb Ever! 


                                                                Recovering From the fall!

     Monday was his last day here, and we decided to wake up bright and early to hike the narrows with Erica! We got the day started off right by locking my keys in the car just as we were heading for the shuttle (totally my fault!). But, with the help of a cracked window, a yardstick, and a bungee with a hook on the end (all essential items I keep in my trunk lol), we were able to get them out in no time! We spent the day trekking through nice cold water (felt great in the heat), climbing up, on, and around things to get farther in (we went up towards Orderville Canyon at the fork), and simply enjoying God's greatest and most beautiful creations!

 

                                                                   

     So glad to have wonderful friends who come down to see me in my long absence! I miss them dearly and nothing brightens my day more than to hear of another friend stopping through! Thanks for a weekend full of adventure Chase, I love you!


2 comments: