Monday, September 12, 2011

When It Rains, It Pours!!!!!

I don't even know how to begin this post....It's just been a really difficult few weeks. I like it in St. George, I know a lot of really great people here, and I've definitely enjoyed the outdoor aspect of this beautiful place. However, this is the first time in my entire life that I've ever been truly homesick...

I think the first time I left home without my parents for more than a week was when I was about 12 years old. I went on a tour to California with my clogging team, and was under the supervision of my coach. I know it was hard for my mom to let me go, and to trust that everything would be okay. And I think it was even harder when I jumped on the bus and didn't even look back after our initial goodbye. I have always been very independent in this sense, and love to see new things on my own. I've been that way ever since!

I moved out right after high school, not too far from home, but far enough. Since then, I haven't lived at home again except a couple months between places. I spent two summers alone in San Francisco dancing. I leave for about a month every spring to tour Europe with the company I dance for. The past two summers I've spent in St. George working. After all the years of long absences, and not a single feeling of homesickness (weird word), I am suddenly overwhelmed with a deep desire to get back home.

I miss my dearest friends. Even though I don't see them all the time when I am home, its a comfort knowing that they're close. I miss my family, a lot. Maybe it has something to do with getting older, that I feel more connected to my family. I especially miss my nephew, I have a deep love for that kid. I miss my own decorated apartment, and my bed! I miss the girls that I would be teaching right now if I were home. I miss the job that I would be doing at this time, and the people involved.

I have always loved the idea of moving far away, or buying a one way ticket to someplace crazy, and working my way back. I still love these ideas, and plan on acting on them. However, I think I'm going through a stage/phase in life where I need to be close to the people and things that I love most and am familiar with.

I've had a some experiences the past few weeks that have just about pushed me over the edge. So many times I wanted to get in my car and drive straight home, and not come back at all! I was lucky to have a day off last week, and was able to go up north for a dose of my job, friends, and family! Though tiring, it was a great couple of days, and it's just what I needed to get me through another couple of weeks.

I'm a happy person, so when I feel down, it really bothers me! I like to laugh and play, and when things get in the way of that it really takes its toll. BUT, I was blessed with a small miracle this past Sunday and Monday.....what miracle??? RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my most beloved things in life is a good rain storm, it's just invigorating for some reason. On Sunday afternoon it POURED!!! And it was amazing!!! It started right after I got out of church. I ran outside immediately, and took a little more time than necessary getting to my car. I drove straight home, threw my purse into my apartment, and walked out right back out into the rain. I just stood in it for moment, and danced in it for another. It felt like every crappy feeling I'd been having was literally washed away. Then, as I was studying on Monday afternoon, it happened again. It was completely sunny, and out of nowhere it just came down! I didn't even bother to put shoes on, and ran outside once more. I just stood there, happy as could be. I stood there for the entire time it rained (only lasted about 5 minutes this time), and was completely drenched. Whatever it is about rain that gets me, I couldn't be more grateful for it. ITS BEAUTIFUL!!! There is nothing I needed more than this little miracle :)


          So, as Jo Dee Messina and Tim McGraw would sing, "BRING ON THE RAIN"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment