Wednesday, October 5, 2011

27 Days...And Kind Of Counting??

So, I've been in St. George since April 26th, and in 27 days I'll be headed back to Salt Lake......And I can't decide if I'm happy or sad about it. I've had so many amazing experiences here, met some inspiring/awesome/great people, been on fabulous adventures, learned some difficult lessons, and discovered several things about myself, both good and bad. I've missed my closest friends (though I'm so grateful for the fantastic friends I've made down here), missed my family (especially my big brother and sweet nephew), and am currently missing something that's been a part of my life every September and October since I was 17. So, you can see this is a bitter-sweet situation for me! I have a hard time organizing my thoughts most of the time, and I find that writing them down seems to help!

Things I will miss greatly about St. George:
*The chill and fun friends that I've met
*The Smith's family who has so kindly "adopted" me this summer!
*Sharing a stage with such beautiful, talented, and inspiring people
*The abundance of available outdoor adventures, and the people willing to play!!!
*Having to get a running start to jump into my bed every night
*Going to hot yoga with my Tuacahn peeps
*Wearing my chaco's everyday!! Salt lake is too cold for that now
*My roommates singing in the shower everyday
*Being able to do all 3 loads of laundry at the same time!!!

Things about home that I'm excited for:
*Spending time with my nephew...lots of time!!!
*Seeing my friends
*DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*A bigger bed :)
*Snowboarding
*Car shopping (yes friends, Pam is on a downward spiral)
*Sledding
*The rest of my wardrobe lol!
*game and movie nights with the family
*Climbing sessions with my big brother!
*7 Eleven hot chocolate :)

I've had so much fun this summer, and I know I'll be sad to go, but happy to be home. I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be visiting St. George all too often!!  There are just too many great people down here, and too many awesome things to do! I can't say that I would ever permanently live here, I think I'm more of a city girl who loves to escape to the outdoors. But then again, who knows :)

So, thanks everyone who has made this an unforgettable summer. Thank you for sharing your talents, your passions, your adventures, your hearts, and your time! I truly feel that I met each person down here for a dang good reason, and I appreciate the time we've been blessed to spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment